Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT Tapping)
EFT which is often referred to as tapping, is a holistic technique used to relax the body and promote healing around emotional or physical issues where you feel stuck. EFT can be used when you are experiencing unpleasant thoughts, feelings or troubling memories. It weaves together several elements of awareness; the cognitive (thoughts/beliefs), the emotional (feelings), somatic (body location and sensations) and the energetic (meridians). We tap on pressure points while bringing these thoughts or emotions into consciousness. EFT helps you relieve stress and feel better in the moment. It creates calm, gain clarity of an experience, shifting limited thoughts and resolving past traumas. EFT is used for anxiety, depression, stress post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), fears and phobias, chronic pain management, weight loss and some other conditions.
Research shows that EFT tapping calms the amygdala in the brain, regulate our nervous system, and reduce stress and anxiety. When under high stress, our body shifts into the fight or flight response. Tapping helps to put our body back into the parasympathetic nervous system response which is responsible for relaxing our body. For information on research that supports EFT please visit this website
EFT Science and Research – EFT International
Although EFT is something you can learn to do on your own, there are benefits of working with an EFT practitioner.
An EFT Practitioner can:
- Provide a safe space – Often, it is difficult to access painful memories and traumas while alone. An EFT Practitioner can help you feel safe enough to explore parts of your past you may otherwise not easily access.
- Discover core issues of a specific challenge – Discover why a specific issue is holding you back.
- Assist you in identifying and clearing healing blocks – While it is common to have these blocks, they can keep you from overcoming your problem, no matter how much effort you out in.
- Formulate effective EFT Tapping statements – One of the biggest challenges for people while tapping, is knowing what words to use. An EFT Practitioner can help you create a statement that you resonate with. This is important in effectively clearing the issue.
- Keep you on track – It is easy to get off target.
If you would like to use EFT to work through painful emotions and physical symptoms, contact me today!